Places of Interest

Search according to:
Name:
 
, author: Milan Bajer

Former Parish

Kostelní 1/6, Jablonec nad Nisou 46601

Tel.: 774 667 677
E-mail: info@jablonec.com
Web: http://www.jablonec.com

A building from the beginning of the 18th century with a neo Renaissance facade from the end of the 19th century.

 

Highrise Houses in Podhorská Street

Podhorská, Jablonec nad Nisou

Podhorská Street is one of the town`s main commercial arteries.

 
, author: JKIC

Chapel of St. Anne

Palackého, Jablonec nad Nisou

The Chapel of St. Anne is located in the town of Mšeno near the dam and was probably built around 1780-1782.

 
, author: Petr Vitvar

Church of St. John of Nepomuk

U Kaple, Jablonec nad Nisou

The church in Vrkoslavice was built in 1867-1871. Originally a Roman Catholic branch church, it was transferred to the Orthodox Church in 2014 and subsequently dedicated to the Mother of God. It is sometimes referred to as a chapel.

 
, author: Petr Vitvar

Church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit

Pod Vodárnou 3/59, Jablonec nad Nisou

The church is located in Rýnovice and dates from 1697 to 1698. The builder was Marcantonio Canevalle. It is a simple early Baroque building.

 

Jablonec`s Electric Railway

Kubálkova, Jablonec nad Nisou

Electric railway with gauge of 1,000 millimetres was operated in the urban area from February 7, 1900, until March 31, 1965.

 

Mirove namesti (Peace Square)

Mírové náměstí, Jablonec nad Nisou

The square in the very centre of the town is dominated by the town hall. Occasional and regular cultural events take place here, such as the Jablonec Autumn Festival or the Christmas and Easter markets.

 
, author: Městská knihovna Jablonec nad Nisou

Municipal Library

Dolní náměstí 1, Jablonec nad Nisou 46601

Tel.: 483 310 951
Fax: 483 710 479
E-mail: studovna@knihovna.mestojablonec.cz
Web: http://knihovna.mestojablonec.cz

The seat of the Jablonec library is the old town hall, a three-storey building with a typical four-sided tower built between 1867 and 1869 by the Liberec builder Gustav Sachers for the local government of the time.

 

Museum of Glass and Costume Jewellery

U Muzea 398/4, Jablonec nad Nisou 46601

Tel.: 483 369 011
Fax: 483 369 012
E-mail: info@msb-jablonec.cz
Web: http://www.msb-jablonec.cz

An art nouveau building in the floral style, originally owned by Zimmer & Schmidt export house.

 
, author: Petr Vitvar

New Town Hall

Mírové náměstí 3100/19, Jablonec nad Nisou

E-mail: mujablonec@mestojablonec.cz
Web: http://www.mestojablonec.cz

A rectangular five-storey building in the functionalistic style, it was built in 1931 through 1933 after the design by architect K. Winter.